Heartland Unplugged

Acoustic music jams are growing at a fast rate in the Heartland. Follow me as I join in on some of the jams. Send me emails to heartlandunplugged@gmail.com. Thanks, Carl

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Two Events This Month (September)

Well, I’m back again. I can’t believe I feel like I’ve been so busy that I can’t spend even five minutes and type something in on this thing (a blog is a noun isn’t it). The last couple of HU’s have been terrific. We’ve moved the main stage (hall) down to the “Friendship Room” near the front of the church. It’s providing a much more intimate setting for us all to partake in lots of familiar acoustic music. We still had an additional jamming room or two. We’re also very thankful for the additional volunteers who’ve come forward the last few times. It’s really making the evening flow much smoother.

We’re getting very excited about the upcoming “Community Fun Day” outside at St. Luke’s. It’s going to be from 11:00 to 1:00 on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 16th. I hope everyone will be able to turn out for this one. HU is going to take part by helping to erect a large tent with a stage and sound system at one end. Doc’s already been contacting musicians to come and play.

A week later we’ll have the regular HU on Friday night, the 22nd. I’m sure it’s going to be another memorable affair. In addition to the normal cheeseburgers we make and sell, we’re also thinking about offering grilled chicken sandwiches.

... looking forward to the next two weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home