Heartland Unplugged

Acoustic music jams are growing at a fast rate in the Heartland. Follow me as I join in on some of the jams. Send me emails to heartlandunplugged@gmail.com. Thanks, Carl

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Back at it again....

Okay... need to start this up again. I wanted this to be a discussion about acoustic instrument jams and such. I live in Lee's Summit but used to run an acoustic jam called Heartland Unplugged at a church in South Kansas City. That is where I first came up with the name for this blogsite, Now that I no longer have that jam, I try to make it to the plethora of acoustic jams around the area. I just missed a terrific one last night. HABOT is one of the largest acoustic monthly jams held in our area. It is usually held on the third Friday of the month, but they made an exception this month and held it on the fourth Friday. I've already seen a photo from last night on Facebook. They were showing a shot of the band that performed. I forgot to mention that, besides the 11 or 12 jamming rooms, they also have a show at this jam.  Those who just want to listen to bluegrass and old time music can come sit and listen.

The Backroom Gallery& Codie's Cafe on Winner Rd. in Englewood hosted The Accidental Project last night. The Backroom Gallery is a great supporter of local musicians. You should check them out.

I play guitar and recently I've become interested in Collings guitars.  I've been seeing ads for a new line of guitars they are making, called Waterloo. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased one or knows any more about them. The last ad I saw showed a jumbo model.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home