Heartland Unplugged

Acoustic music jams are growing at a fast rate in the Heartland. Follow me as I join in on some of the jams. Send me emails to heartlandunplugged@gmail.com. Thanks, Carl

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Saturday, November 25, 2006

What a Great Turnout for a Holiday Weekend!!

We sure had a lot of good music, food and fun at this month's Heartland Unplugged. I'm going to try and mix some pictures in this month (I found out that you can click on the pictures to enlarge them). The first one is of Nancy and John playing together. They are really serious about learning this type of music. This husband and wife duo have been coming to HU for the last couple of months. We're glad they chose our jam to play at. That's Tom on guitar behind them.

Donna, Craig, Tony and Cat served up some terrific cheeseburgers and brats, w/chips and soda. For a $2 donation, you just can't beat it. We sure appreciate all they do. That goes for everyone that volunteers and helps to put this on each month. That's Jim placing an order with Donna.

I mentioned that we had a terrific turnout. Lots of musicians. Some came just to sing along, too. Besides the main room, where the mic was at, there were a couple of "jammin' rooms". You sure couldn't complain about the lack of music.

I took a picture of the main jammin' area.

Now I guess I'll finish up with a picture of some of Paul and Bonnies' friends. We appreciate these families turning out. They provided us with some good harmony on some "CCR" songs. That's also Kathleen playing guitar on the right side of the picture. Her fiance, David, really needs to lighten up and try to sing some silly songs. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home