Heartland Unplugged

Acoustic music jams are growing at a fast rate in the Heartland. Follow me as I join in on some of the jams. Send me emails to heartlandunplugged@gmail.com. Thanks, Carl

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Visiting a Bluegrass Jam in Nashville

Okay… In order to keep things fair, we visited a Bluegrass Jam that is held on Sunday night at the Station Inn in Nashville. We had a ball. I talked with several of the jammers. This jam reminded me a lot of the jams I see at Heartland Unplugged. Everyone kind of sat in a circle and took turns leading a song. There were breaks in the song for solo parts. There were two or three Dobro players, maybe three fiddlers, 4 or 5 mandolin players and a couple of banjo players. There was also a standup bass player. I’ll include a picture at the end of my rambling. Anyway, I found that we jammers all speak a common language when it comes to talking about jams. I told one guy in the audience that we had just been to see an “Old Time Music” jam. He said that that was the song on the other side of the record. I asked him which side was the “A” side. He liked that.

A guitar player that I talked with told me about his recent experience with attending “Nashcamp”. He said that it was sort of a fantasy camp. There were about 65 people attending and they were divided up into several bands. Each band had to learn a song or two and then at the end, they had to perform the song(s) in front of a live audience at the Station Inn. He said that it was a wonderful experience and he learned a lot. I think he said the cost was around $950.

Anyway..here is the picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home