Heartland Unplugged

Acoustic music jams are growing at a fast rate in the Heartland. Follow me as I join in on some of the jams. Send me emails to heartlandunplugged@gmail.com. Thanks, Carl

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Monday, March 05, 2007

February '07's Heartland Unplugged

ANOTHER GREAT TURNOUT!!! What a great night of music and friendship. If you weren't able to come, you sure missed a good one. Take a look at the crowd....

Cake and ice cream were served to celebrate the two year anniversary of Heartland Unplugged....that's Marie blowing the candles out....

Everyone enjoyed the cake and ice cream...

Chef Craig served up some great cheeseburgers and brats...

.... some pictures of folks playing and singing....

I forgot to mention that besides the new people that show up at each HU, we also seem to see more than our share of new instruments. I blame that on stores like Guitar Center and Musician's Friend Outlet. Ever since these stores hit town, there seem to be more and more new instruments appearing at these jams. As a public service announcement I feel like I have to ask that each musician limit his purchases of new instruments to no more that two per month. That is unless one of his current instruments gets broken or stolen....or he/she wins the lottery or gets a tax refund. Then it would be okay to increase this number....but only then...

...oh but then I just thought...someone may not have a guitar and they want to buy one of yours. Well that wouldn't be very nice of you not to sell them one of yours (after all, you have quite a few). So you sell them one and then you'd be down one. Well then it would be okay to also buy a replacement for that one....

Well I guess it's goodbye for now....see you next fourth Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home